Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Imaginarium Designs .. SBM Masters challenge

I once thought that there were only so many ways you could treat your chipboard. So when it came time for the Scrapbooking Memories Masters to do one of our product challenges with chipboard (in this case the seriously awesome Imaginarium Designs) I was well and truly stumped. What could I do that was different and made the product shine without it overpowering my layout??

Happy days
Published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 12

So I sat and contemplated my navel for a while. Nah just joking LOL! What I did do though was to sit and look around my scrap room, considering what I had in my stash that I could use. Time and time again my eyes were drawn back to my alcohol inks. But chipboard is porous ..

published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 12

Like a lightning bolt from above it hit me! (LOL!) I figured if I covered my chipboard pieces in glossy accents they'd no longer be porous. It was a revelation! Well for me anyways. Because I wanted the true colours of my alcohol inks to shine through I used my trusty friend Keith (now that's another story!) to spray the chipboard with white gesso. I used alcohol inks to colour all my pieces. Some I then added glossy accents to, to bring out the colours. Others I used clear stickles on before using glossy accents to seal in the shimmer.

I loved this technique and if I can remember, plan on using it again in the future. I'd love to know what you do with your chipboard ..

No comments:

Post a Comment