Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Picking flowers .. with D-lish Scraps

I felt the urge to scrap with yellow and to do something 'girly pretty', but no photos came readily to mind. So I did what I would ordinarily do and rang (well texted) a friend (hi Margaret!) and I'm so glad I did. She gave me these adorable photos of her daughter picking flowers with her 'nunnu Joe'. I had told her I felt like doing something flower-y, she was certain she had the perfect photos, and she did!

Picking flowers
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 11

I've used several items from an old D-lish Scraps Just Add Paper Kit when creating this layout .. Flair ButtonsJournal ItsResin flowersWashi TapeBling, a Mini Heirloom Flower and pink Cherry Blossoms. I added a few additional D-lish Scraps products from my stash to pull it all together .. Corbett Creations Ply Icons (people), Pinkfresh Studios Enamel Love Brad Stickers (retro), additional Resin Flowers (forget me nots and a large rose), a yellow Bitty Bag (polka dot rainbow mix) and Heirloom Flowers which I cut down to size.


Don't you love how by using a 1.5" Ply Icon man and a 1" Ply Icon woman I've created the illusion of a man with his daughter, or in this case, grand-daughter? I so can't wait to do that again!

Thanks Margaret for yet again letting me scrap your gorgeous daughter whom you know we simply adore! I can't wait to see you guys again, oh and 'Mr Bear' says hello!

That's it from me today. Don't forget you can also read about this layout over on the D-lish Scraps blog where I'm sure you'll find loads to inspire you.

Wishing you happy days.

3 comments:

  1. this page is awesome - I absolutely love the background. I'd love to know more details of how you made it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karyn! I'm thinking of *trying* to do a step by step for this background so stay tuned! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the flowers on your background! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete