Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Show Us Your Stuff - December

The December challenge at Show Us Your Stuff is to use the word "joy" on your layout and, of course, to include a hand made or hand dyed item, made either by yourself or someone else.

Look at this

Although the challenge wasn't Christmas themed, I knew I wanted to scrap these photos of Bear's first 'real' Christmas with us from last year. I guess because he has brought so much joy into our lives and Christmas is a time of joy and "joy" was the challenge criteria?! The only thing was I had no idea I had taken quite so many photos (LOL) and choosing which to scrap proved difficult. In the end I needed all bar (about) three of them (from memory) to tell the story.


I'm sure you'll not be surprised to learn that I've used loads of D-lish Scraps goodies on this layout including .. Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Hearts), Freckled Fawn Paper Clips (Arrows), Paper Flowers (Bitty Blooms), Washi TapeCotton Twine, a Flair ButtonResin Flowers (Forget Me Nots), Paper Doilies, clear Motex Tape, and Journal Its by Star (Saying Tickets White, Round & Rounds Brights, and Mixed Ticket Tabs). To me they're all the little bits that make a difference.

Re the hand made/hand dyed challenge criteria .. I made by own pennant bunting and hand dyed my paper doilies a delicious shade of Tim Holtz Broken China.

If you think you might be able to find the time amongst all the silliness of the silly season, to give this challenge a go, you can find all the details HERE. Despite what the post says, Show Us Your Stuff will be continuing next year, under the new leadership of Vicki Burdon. Thanks a million Marelle Jackman for the keeping this challenge running. I've enjoyed participating when I've had the chance.   :)

PS: And for a close up of the left and right pages ..

Left
Right

2 comments:

  1. What a great double page you have created and what a beautiful dog you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this is just amazing Alison - LOVE IT so much the colours, the multi photos everything! xo Charm

    ReplyDelete