Thursday, December 19, 2013

Scrapping just because ..

.. and scrapping not least because I was inspired by Karyn Schultz's Christmas layout over at D-lish Scraps. Something about Karyn's layout really grabbed my attention. I think it was the sheer volume of white space despite all the layering and embellishments. I loved it and wanted to see if I could channel a little of Karyn's style and create something of my own.

This is what I came up with ..

Life is good

Not quite so much white space as Karyn's original layout but then I have used five photos LOL! The funny thing is though, I had no idea until I was writing up this blog post (and getting links to share) that I realised just how much I had been inspired by Karyn's layout. The spray of inks, the basic layout, even the colour red LOL! Oh and a border of sorts!!! Sorry Karyn .. I didn't mean to scrap lift you altogether!!!

It was all in the name of a good cause though .. D-lish Scraps and all the magic those two words conjure!


Here I've used .. Skipping 5 Puffy Things (Woodgrain Hearts), Paper Flowers (Bitty Blooms), red and black Motex TapePaper Doilies (including 5.5" Red Polka Dot), Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Hearts and Arrows), Freckled Fawn Paper Clips (Arrows), Washi Tape, a Flair ButtonCotton Twine, a small Vellum Bag, and Journal Its by Star (Round & Rounds Brights, Saying Tickets White, Bubble Words, Ho Ho Ho Strips White).

For more inspiration by Karyn and the other D-lish Designers and Creative Team, head on over to the D-lish Scraps blog HERE!   :)

PS: And don't forget to leave them a note or two if they've inspired you in anyway!   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment