Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Bah humbug!!!

Well not really. Well not entirely. Or even 100% LOL! Admittedly though, in previous years we've struggled to fully embrace the festive spirit.  I guess not having children and being middle aged makes us a little lazy perhaps? I admit, not having little people spurring us on excitedly to decorate the house and put up the tree has seen us adopt a somewhat lacklustre approach to the silly season. At the same time, everyone else's Christmas cheer is somewhat hard to avoid.

Sandy's infectious enthusiasm for a Christmas canvas she was making for a friend was also somewhat difficult to avoid on the weekend. Especially when she showed me another canvas on Pinterest that was more my style and which we (foolishly) agreed we would do together. LOL so a Christmas canvas I did create.

Love Joy Peace

Now however we've created a monster. I've decided that I'm going to completely decorate our house with these colours each year. Until now, our decorations have been a complete mismatch of inherited, vintage pieces, stunning baubles I've received from friends overseas, and a hodge-podge of everything else in between. So this year our tree is going up sans the decorations and will remain bare until I'm done making decorations. I've started some stars like these ..


(but in our new colour scheme) today, to be closely followed by some hearts and birds, baubles and of course some bunting and banners. OMG I'm so excited!! Will I get it all done by Christmas Day. Nope, not a chance, but it will give me something to look forward to each year .. designing, planning and creating my very own 100% original and unique Christmas decorations. Oh the fun I have to look forward to. LOL bring on Christmas 2014 I say!!!!

Oh and guess what else I'm going to do with the canvas? I've taken a great photo of the canvas to print and turn into Christmas cards! At 15 cents a print at Hardly Normal that's only $7.50 for fifty cards!!! Dare I say it? I am soooooo loving Christmas this year.

But .. bah humbug!!!   ;)

PS: Oh and despite the fact that mine and Sandy's canvases, and the canvas Sandy showed me on Pinterest are all Christmas themed, that's just about where the similarities end LOL!! Gotta love that!   :)

2 comments: