Friday, February 1, 2013

Cock-a-doodle-do

As I sit here looking back through the LOs on my computer, selecting favourites to share, I'm somewhat struck by just how many techniques have come and gone which I loved.

One of them is doodling. There was a time when doodling was a huge craze in scrapbooking. Books were published on the subject, and I bought them all!! We still see doodling incorporated on LOs, even if it is just an outline or a border around a page, but I think adding texture and dimension to our LOs may have taken its place. I know myself, where once I doodled an element, I'm more likely now to add that element with, say, something like baker's twine. In the past where I have doodled a background, these days I'm far more likely to use paints, mists, masks and/or stamping. This LO however makes me itch to get out those pens and start doodling on some LOs again ..

True Colours
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol. 11 No. 5

As I sit here typing this post I've just realised something terribly 'Twilight Zone-ish' .. I received some new Posca art markers in the mail the other day. I had ordered them for using on canvases in my new obsession, mixed media art. I wonder though, are they trying to tell me something else???   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment