Saturday, June 23, 2012

ScrapChat - June challenge

The challenge at ScrapChat this month was to create a layout that met the following criteria ..

*  Colours - navy blue, hot pink and lime
*  Design requirement - hexagons
*  Something different - definitions (interpret this how you like)
*  Lifelines - black, white, cream, kraft

I'm not 100% sure about my resulting layout. I created it yesterday when the painters were here (all day). Ordinarily I don't scrap particularly well outside of my literal comfort zone, and having a bunch of blokes around all day definitely took me well outside my comfort zone! Too much eye candy to concentrate LOL!! So anyway this layout came together very haphazardly. At the same time though I was determined to just scrap it. I didn't want to fluff around and take forever determining placement etc. I think that shows? Maybe that's why I'm not sure of it??? Anyway here it is ..

Your journey
products used:
patterned paper - Stampin' Up! First Edition, Basic Grey Urban Prairie, Basic Grey Lime Rickey, Crate Paper Restoration Collection
embellishments - Collage Press Knave of Hearts journaling spot, Prima Naturally Daisy flowers, Kaiser rub ons (Journey), Making Memories Simply Stated rub ons (Heidi, black), Kaiser rhinestones, A Lil Somethin' mistable butterfly and trim, baker's twine
fun/messy stuff - homemade mist using Tim Holtz Distress Ink refill (Faded Jeans), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Bubblegum), StazOn ink pad (Azure)
other - Kaiser clear stamp (Grid), black Sharpie pen, Uniball Signo white gel pen

That's it from me today. I hope whatever you're doing, wherever you are, whomever you're with, your happy and enjoying life. As am I.   :)

PS: With hindsight I'm wondering if the colours don't work with the photo like I had planned??? Hmm .. I've not done this before but I'm thinking I may re-scrap this photo with different colours ..

1 comment:

  1. WOW I think it looks awsome Alz, I love the way you've sprayed and blended in the colours.
    L&H xx

    ReplyDelete