Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

Huh?! Come again?!

LOL don't stress. It is only February. But this year I am determined to be organised come Christmas. That means having my cards made ahead of time. A number of my scrapping buddies feel the same way so over at ScrapChat we've having an All Year Round Christmas Card Challenge. January's challenge was to use the word Joy for inspiration.

Joy
products used:
cardstock - Prismatics
patterned paper - Lilybee Designs Christmas Town and SU DSP First Edition
alphas: Carolee's Creations tiny alphas (Milk Chocolate)
embellishments: Prima RAJA flower centres; Making Memories staples; various buttons; beads
trims: Chatterbox artsy.licious crochet trim; twine from Purple Pumpkin; burgundy net trim
dies: Tim Holtz Alterations Mini Paper Rosettes; Die-namics Rolled Flower; Cuttlebug Harlequin
other: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (fired brick)

I may be a day late, but I did it! I can't believe it LOL! I've actually made Christmas cards in February. I'm really hoping I can keep up the pace because this is something I've wanted to do for the past few years and each year I have failed miserably. This year I'm determined that come Christmas I will have plenty of cards to send out to family and friends; and yes LOL, some of them will just about keel over from the shock!

February's challenge is to use the colours green and silver. Ordinarily I think I'd pair green with gold so this will be a fun one to take on. Perhaps I'll go lime green? I'm thinking possibly some owls? Whatever the case I'm going to be buzzing if I get them done!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment