Sunday, January 29, 2012

Daring You to Scrap - January

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! That's just about all I can say (LOL she says!!) about the new blog challenge Daring You to Scrap. The challenge was exactly that. A challenge. It was daring and edgy and oh so much fun. The January challenge requires you to make your own background from scraps of paper.

At first I thought I'd be in trouble because I had recently made a whole pile of die-cuts from paper scraps for a girlfriend. Would I have anything left to work with? It turns out I did; and in a colour range I really wanted to use for my next layout. So I got out all those scraps, and my cutter (in case some needed cutting down), a piece of cardstock for my base, and literally just sat there with a pile of scraps cutting and pasting. It was soooooooo relaxing it was almost (I say almost LOL) as good as being at a spa but without the massage. When I'd finished my background I wanted to keep playing so I figured I'd doodle some. Then I added some words which suited the theme of my layout and which I had printed and cut out. Yes this took me a couple of days to create, but that was okay because it was something I just kept coming back to when I had the time. One of the best aspects of this challenge for me is it really encouraged me to get back to the grass roots of my scrapping which was to create a lot of the elements myself. To really dig deep and get creative. Wow I loved it!!!

Mia
products used:
cardstock - SU Whisper White
patterned paper/cardstock offcuts - 7Gypsies, K and Company, WeRMK, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, Bazzill, Core'dinations, Crate Paper, The Girls Paperie
other patterned paper/cardstock - My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie Je Taime "Smile" orange paper; ki Memories Pop Culture - flower child white
embellishments - handmade flowers 'by Alz'; Queen & Co brads; D-Lish Scraps resin flowers; A2Z Scraplets chipboard flourish
mediums - Studio Calico Mister Huey's Calico White mist; Lumiere 543 Burnt Orange acrylic paint; Inkssentials Glossy Accents; Uni-ball white Signo pen
alphas/fonts - Quickutz Stardust Grand Alphabet dies; Times New Roman 13pt
other - white chiffon, sewing machine stitching

I look forward to using this technique again soon! Who needs new patterned paper when you can create your own. Okay just kidding on that one LOL!!! Honestly though? Daring You to Scrap ROCKS!!! Check them out HERE today!    :)

PS: I'll be back later with a link for the Daring You to Scrap blog. In the meantime why not google it? Where am I you ask? At the hospital for six hours starting the new medication for my MS. I have a lot riding on this new medication so please keep your fingers crossed for me!!

5 comments:

  1. Alz this is amazing. Love how this came together and love the colours.
    Fingers are crossed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks fabulous! a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you have used your scraps so well!! thanks for taking on the dare ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alz your page is awesome!
    and I am so glad you played along.

    I hope that your treatment went really well. Your an amazing person! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beautiful page and stunning photos! Love your colours as well.

    ReplyDelete