Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waste not want not

I'm sure I've been abducted by aliens which is kind of ironic given I don't believe in them LOL!  But seriously this once freakishly neat, clean up after every project, scrapper has become a sloth.  Well by my usual standards anyway!!  Four days ago (I know I know I know LOL) I created a layout What's in a name.  Today though is when I've got around to sorting out the mess I made.  That's four days and three cards ago LOL!!!

So anyway I'm tidying up my craft desk in preparation for one of those 'special projects' on my to do list when I come across all these off-cuts of patterned paper from when I created the layout What's in a name.  Gone are the days when I keep every last little scrap of cardstock and patterned paper.  I mean let's be realistic, who has the space to store it all?  What I've been doing instead is turning them into something usable like punched shapes for cards or journaling spots for future layouts or decorative borders for who knows what.  Yes I most likely will end up with a large container full of this type of stuff which I'll never use but who knows, there may be someone out there who will.

Today though it seemed infinitely easier simply to make up a couple of cards than to drag out my punches and dies, and so I did.  As I was making them in between other tasks (boring domestic stuff) it does mean that the 'special project' has been put on hold but that's okay because I hope to tackle it tomorrow, maybe ...

These are the two cards I made ...



products used include various off-cuts of patterned paper from the Crate Paper Bliss Collection and Darkroom Door Full Bloom Collection, Queen & Co Brads, Fiskars' threading water border punch, sewing machine and thread, and the following Sizzix Sizzlits dies: Flourish #9 and #10, Label, Ornate #3 and #4, Label, Oval #3, Hello Kitty Phrase, Hello Kitty, and Stampin' Up! Floral Fusion

I think I'll try this again next time I have a reasonable amount of off-cuts from a project which aren't really enough to do anything 'substantial' with ...

No comments:

Post a Comment