Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mid March Madness ... where I'm at

Back at the beginning of March I questioned my sanity in respect of the amount of scrapping I wanted to achieve this month.  This is where I'm at  ...
  • finish the cover of my Favourites Journal (I started that a few days ago) - check!
  • February's colour challenge at ScrapChat (everything is on my desk waiting to go) - check!
  • Manda's now overdue CJ page (theme ... handmade) - check!
  • week #8 (favourite room) for my Favourites Journal - check!
Plus ...
  • weeks #9 through to #12 inclusive for my Favourites Journal
    • week # 9 - check!
    • week #10 - theme - favourite scrapping supply - should be a cinch
    • week #11 - not known
    • week #12 - not known
  • the ScrapChat colour challenge
  • the ScrapChat sketch challenge - layout
  • the ScrapChat sketch challenge - card - check!
  • 'Pud's' CJ page (theme ... five)
  • 527 stick pins for a swap (okay so I exaggerate 'just a little' LOL) - check!
Plus three special projects, two of which I've had simmering on the back burner in my mind for ages now (one for well over a year [I know!] and the other since September last year) ...

Not bad so far considering we're only half way through the month wouldn't you agree??  I think I'll be pushing it to complete the three 'special' projects but where there's a will there's a way ... or so I've heard.  I have been a bit inspired by some of the challenges 'out there' though so who knows where I'll end up.

Whilst I'm here, this is the card I made for the ScrapChat March card sketch challenge ...



together with a copy of the stunning "Little Book of Sketches" sketch ...


plus two additional cards I had to make because the papers (MME Stella and Rose 'Mabel') were so beautiful and inspiring to work with (plus I had some off-cuts!) ...



Products used in creating all three cards include: MME Stella and Rose 'Mabel' papers 6x6 pad, Stampin' Up! kraft cardstock, Tim Holtz Distres Inks Broken China and Spiced Marmalade, Grungepaper and chipboard, Sizzix Paper Sculpting Daisy, Sizzix Flower Layers #4, Sizzix Flower Power #2, Sizzix Ovals, Scallop #3, Big Shot Thick Cuts Ovals, MLS mini alphabet stickers, various Stampin' Up! punches including Two-Step Owl, Scallop Edge Border, Heart to Heart, Two-Step Bird, and Scallop Trim Border ... and weren't they all worth it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment