Sunday, February 19, 2017

Butter wouldn't melt .. with Scrap Our Stash

Heh peeps!

I'm scrapping again this weekend and having a ball! The mojo still seems to be in the building lol. Strangely though the mojo for mixed media just isn't there. I wonder if I'm returning to grass roots after six months off? So anyways, I still need inspiration to kickstart a layout and this time I hit up Scrap Our Stash who have a fabulous Tic Tac Toe Stash Challenge up this month.

Butter wouldn't melt

Our puppy Harry, who has just turned one, has special needs. He looks innocent, adorable, and just cuter than cute, and he is all of those things; but then there's his high maintenance, cannot sit still, needs to destroy everything in sight, side. Imagine a super mischievous puppy on steroids times 1,000 and you'll get a 'glimmer' of what Harry is like. lol.

The term "butter wouldn't melt in his mouth" has been used colloquially over the years to mean a lot of different things. When I was growing up, it was used to describe someone (usually a child) who looked innocent, but was anything but. That's what Harry is like. He has the cutest, most adorable, loving face, and when he looks at me with his sweet, sweet, loving face, my heart melts, but then he'll destroy a cushion, eat a trinkets box, chew on some towels, pull a lamp over, and the list goes on. All before breakfast.  Lol our home now looks like we're moving out. He he.

I've included all this, pretty much, in my journaling on my tag at the top of my layout. I couldn't quite bring myself to have it all 'out there' if you know what I mean. Besides, the title says it all for me.

Some close ups ..

The Tic Tac Toe Stash Challenge was so much fun! I went with a diagonal row requiring a tag, heart and doily.


I absolutely made the most of my old stash when creating this layout. I've had the yellow coloured doily hanging around on my desk for I'd guess, conservatively, about two years. I know right?! The same with the chipboard heart. Does anyone else have a box that is full of bits and bobs you don't know what to do with, but you can't bring yourself to throw them out? Well that's where they were malingering (lol). Oh and my papers were Basic Grey Max & Whiskers. Old, old old.

Thanks for the inspiration guys. I'm now eyeing off the mood board. I hope to continue scrapping through the week so fingers crossed, I'll get to it. Meanwhile, for those of you out there who like a fun challenge like the Scrap Our Stash one, you can find all the details HERE.

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment