Friday, March 6, 2015

SBM Masters .. challenge no. 4

The fourth challenge for the Scrapbooking Memories Masters competition was truly a challenge for me. I don't do art journaling and apart from the odd canvas here and there, I don't do OTPs.

I am
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 7

However, a few years ago a small circle of close friends and I participated in a project where we each listed three qualities about each other. Ever since, I have wanted to create something titled "I am" and record what each of them said about me. I didn't know whether it would be a canvas or a tag book or who knows. So this challenge was the perfect excuse to finally do that 'something'. The subject matter of my art journal led me to create something soft and feminine. I took inspiration from my favourite My Mind's Eye range for the colours and kept my embellishing 'pretty'.


As you can see, I had all my pages ready to go and was 'raring' for my journal to be returned so I could finish it. LOL since its return its sat on an easel in my scrap room, gathering dust, and there its remained. I really should do something about that. One day.


Honestly? I wasn't sure if this journal would knock me out of the competition. Its light and bright, and soft and feminine. I honestly thought that there would be a lot of other journal covers entered showing far more technical skill and application. As it was, the judges noted "Alison has found a great balance here between media and embellishments - just as she does with her layouts!". I was pretty stoked with that (LOL!!). Oh and yes, in my humble opinion, the honourable mentions showed a plethora of journal covers far more deserving than mine. But its me and "I am".

Now to get on with doing something about finishing this journal. One day ..

2 comments:

  1. I think their comments are spot on. I love this Alz... it is light and feminine and I love the colours.... amazeballs. <3

    ReplyDelete