Saturday, March 7, 2015

Kaisercraft .. SBM product challenge

One of the exciting things about being a Scrapbooking Memories Master is the opportunity to work with the magazine throughout the coming year. Amongst other things, each month we participate in a sponsored product challenge.

Summer
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 9

I loved, loved, loved working with the Sandy Toes collection by Kaisercraft. Now that I've seen what the other masters did with the Blue Bay collection in the magazine, I have to have it!!


Do you like the variegated texture paste spots on this layout? Its really quite a simple technique. Add a little bit of colour to a flat palette (I used a Tim Holtz reinker), 'splodge' a blob of texture paste onto the palette as well. Before you pick up some texture paste with your palette knife, dip it (the palette knife) into the colour you've added, then pick up your texture paste and proceed with swiping it over your stencil. Of course, the more colour you pick up the heavier the colour will be. You could also do this, but in reverse, with glitter, sand, the skies pretty much the limit. Experiment! Have fun! Enjoy!

Whilst you're experimenting, I'm off to shop. I need to get my hands on the Blue Bay collection, and quite possibly another set of Sandy Toes ..

No comments:

Post a Comment