Should I work on the 27 albums of photos I've been wanting to scrap in the pocket page style? Should I finish my mum's album and start on my dad's? Should I sort out the rest of the memories I want to scrap from my road trip in South Australia last year and then edit the photos for printing and just get on with scrapping them? Should I spend my time continuing to cull and organise my, not insubstantial, stash? Should I take the time out to continue playing with watercolours? Should I finally finish unpacking my stash from when we moved four years ago? Should? Should? Should? Sigh ..
I thought maybe doing a challenge might help. I'm not entirely sure it did.
The Shoe Tree
I used the current challenge at Show Us Your Stuff as inspiration for this layout. The challenge was fabulous and right up my alley. I love quirky challenges that both inspire me and guide me. The 'countdown' challenge at Show Us Your Stuff certainly did that. At the same time, I think this was about my third attempt at getting this layout done. Its been slowly driving me bonkers. Seriously. I started it last weekend and each day I've fiddled with it a little bit more and I've gone through at least three backgrounds. Sigh ..
The seriously fabulous 'countdown' challenge translates as follows ..
* 5 circles .. (I used buttons, a flair, enamel dots, punched out circles and a doily)
* 4 patterned papers .. (yep I've got that covered with lots of layering behind the photo of moi, oh and the background)
* 3 photos .. (again, I've go that covered .. well actually there's five .. hope that's okay)
* 2 different sized alphas (my printed journaling and title cover this bit)
* 1 handmade embellishment (my flair button is from The Greatest View and my buttons are hand painted)
Looking at my layout now I can see where I went wrong and what I could have done instead. Don't you find that frustrating? You know, when you've stuck everything down and you're looking at it later and you're like "oh I should have done this or that and it would have looked so much better"? Yeah? Could. Should. Would. Sigh ..
I am ever so tempted to pull this apart for the third (or fourth?) time but think its time to move on to another project and just breathe ..
PS: If you're looking for a fun, fun challenge and loads of Design Team inspiration, head on over to Show Us Your Stuff!