Sunday, September 21, 2014

Inspired by Ros Madley

Last month D-lish Scraps hosted a cyber crop in The Scrap Suite on Facebook. Unlike the huge 5th Birthday Bonanza we had the previous month, this cyber crop was scaled down to half the size so not all the Design Team members were required to set a challenge and having less challenges helped to create a more relaxed atmosphere for our scrapbooking friends. LOL instead of trying to complete eight challenges, there were only four. A win for everyone.

I had other scrapbooking deadlines looming so was unable to participate in the cyber crop but was, nonetheless, inspired by all the challenges and set myself the challenge to do them anyway. This layout was inspired by Ros Madley's challenge to scrap a selfie photo. It didn't need to be a selfie of yourself but I had a selfie I had taken at Adelaide airport from my trip to the Eyre Peninsula earlier this year which I wanted to scrap for my holiday album. So I took advantage of the opportunity and came up with this ..

Coming home

I used the following D-lish Scraps products .. Freckled Fawn wood chips, a Flair Button from the fabulously whimsical, Little People pack, aqua blue Coloured Wire, pastel mix Sequins, blue Mini Roses, white Spiral Stamens, cream Pinwheel Blooms and blue Cherry Blossoms.


I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed playing with the Spiral Stamens; and the Pinwheel Blooms are the perfect size and shape. I suspect you can expect to see them on a lot of my layouts in the future!!

I love how this layout came together. I think its funny that I've done the final page of my holiday album but still need to scrap the photos from the trip itself. But when inspiration hits, and in this case it did, go for it! Thanks for the inspiration Ros!

Happy scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Alz, this is stunning. I like it lots. It doesn't matter what pages you do first, hey. When you get inspired, just do it! Lol! Glad you had a great time away. Love the flowers and their stamens. And the texture paste stenciled on is really really nice. Love the photo of you too.

    Come visit my blog tomorrow for the Creative Blog Hop if you have time :)

    ReplyDelete