Sunday, March 2, 2014

123 - March

We have a fabulous challenge happening over at 123 this month. Here is my sample layout ..

Dream

The criteria this month are pastel colours, the word "dream" and the technique is to create with frames.

I don't have a lot of pastel coloured products in my stash. Well I probably do but don't know quite where they are as I'm not big on working with pastel colours. Also recently I've found myself working with a lot of purple, a colour which I used to 'hate' and now 'love' so when I saw this photo of my niece Mia I knew I needed to scrap it with some soft purples, blues and golds. The only problem was what did I have in those colours? Turns out I have the complete range of Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks in the pastels palette LOL! From there the idea to use a very old 12x12 Hambly Screen Print as the background for my layout was created and I just ran with it. I figured for photographing purposes I'd really need to add a piece of cardstock to the back of the screen print and from there the idea to create a giant 'shaker' with sequins was born. So inside the stitched 12x12 'shaker' are lots of loose, and some adhered, sequins and on the outside of the 'shaker', on top of the screen print, I have adhered some white ones. I think this gives my layout a fabulous sense of depth. I found the frames very easy to work into my layout both in the shape of left over die-cut borders from die-cutting some Polaroid style frames, and  the Prima Say It In Crystals rhinestone circles. Oh and the word "dreams" well I played a little with it and used the word "dream" which was on a flair that was perfect for my layout!


If you think you'd like to give the 123 challenge a go this month, and I seriously hope you do, you can find all the details over on the blog. Good luck and, more importantly, have fun!!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment