Sunday, November 24, 2013

Scrapbook Creations Blog - Guest Designer

Did you know that Scrapbook Creations has recently joined the world of blogging? You can find their fresh and inspiring blog HERE. I was delighted to be asked to produce a project as a guest designer for the Scrapbook Creations blog this month. Although delighted I was also humbled and a little uncertain. Humbled because in such a huge pool of incredibly talented scrapbookers I truly do consider myself just a tadpole lurking in the shallows. Uncertain because I don't personally feel as though I really have anything that special or different to share. Which is not to say I'm not confident in what I'm doing or that I don't like my own work. Quite the opposite. I love my scrapping LOL!! I guess its just difficult sometimes to introspectively look at what you're doing and see the value in it for anyone else.

Setting the uncertainty aside I decided to focus on creating layers with mixed media and texture. My absolute all time favourite way to create.

She

As usual, I've used lots and lots of yummy D-lish Scraps products on my layout .. white Gardeniasbrown Forget Me NotsFreckled Fawn Wood Chips (Birds and Hearts) and Dew Drops (Arrows), Washi TapeJournal It's Cream Saying Tickets, and Hand Dyed Muslin (Coffee). I could seriously scrap with nothing but cardstock, patterned, paper, mixed media and my D-lish Scraps stash for the rest of my scrappy life and be as happy as a pig in you know what LOL!!!

Meanwhile, for a somewhat lengthy (would you expect anything less from me?!) article on the techniques and processes used when creating this layout, please hop over to my post on the Scrapbook Creations blog HERE.

I hope you're all having a fabulous day.   :)

1 comment:

  1. A huge congrats Alz! That's fantastic - and so deserved! Am going over for a look....

    ReplyDelete