Monday, September 30, 2013

Scrap Around The World - September

When I saw the fabulous "Bold & Graphic Mood Board" by Gayle Price for Scrap Around The World I immediately knew which photos I would scrap and how..

Set me free
Gayle's seriously gorgeous Mood Board
Scrap Around The World sketch

I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the left to suit the landscape orientation of my photos, and I think it's fairly obvious (LOL!) where all the inspiration came from. The photos are of a 'jack in the box' my brother sent me from England for my 21st birthday. When we were packing up our home in Brunswick to prepare it for sale, I decided to photograph all my childhood toys (that I've kept) and other memorabilia so that once we had moved to our new home, I didn't necessarily need to unpack them again. I've always thought this Pierrot doll to be very sad, trapped in an, albeit beautiful, box. Why lock such a beautiful doll away? I tried to take photos that portrayed her sadness and love how the finished layout, a few years later, has come together. Loads and loads of layering with mixed media which always makes me happy and my heart sing.

Thanks for the fabulous inspiration Scrap Around The World.

Oh and if you're quick (the deadline for the challenge is midnight tonight) HERE are all the details you need for this month's sketch.   :)

4 comments:

  1. Seriosly yummy! This is a gorgeous page and thanks too for the great advertising! Thanks for playing at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous textural page, your background is wonderful. Love the photo too as well as all those beautiful flourishes, and I'm so pleased to see how beautifully you have embraced the mood board. Thank you so much for joining in our challenge again at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo beautiful page! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the texture on this LO!! its awesome! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete