Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Scrap Around The World

Right about now all I can say is O.M.G.!!! I stumbled across an amazing challenge blog, Scrap Around The World, with the most amazing challenges and talented designers from around the world. Wow! The blog has blown me away and I can't wait until I have the time to make myself a cuppa and sit down and fully explore all that it has to offer.

Moving on, I woke up this morning determined that today I was going to get my grunge on, get really arty, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do and with what photo and challenge. That's exactly what I did.

Detached

It was sooooo good to get down and dirty with paints and mists and inks and just let the creativity flow, to allow my mind the freedom to instinctively recreate what I had dreamed. It was just about the most fun I've had scrapping in a really long time. LOL I think I might have to set aside tomorrow for more of the same!

Anyways I used the June 2013 Challenge 2 - An Eclectic/Retro Mood Board By Anupama Choudary at Scrap Around The World when creating this layout. The challenge comprises Anupama Choudary's Mood Board from which to draw inspiration, and a "happy & whimsical" (clearly I missed this bit LOL) sketch by Scrap Around The World's resident sketch artist Julianne McKenna-De Lumen.

Can you imagine my surprise (and shock horror) when late on a winter's afternoon in Melbourne I find the due date for the challenge is the 25th of June (today)! LOL talk about a rushed photo job in less than perfect conditions. At least it wasn't midnight LOL!

 Anupama Choudary's Mood Board
I was inspired by the 'arty' photo of the camera in the bottom right hand corner.

Loved this sketch!

So I have no idea if I've followed all the steps for this challenge but I'm going to link it up and see what happens. I have to say it was an absolute blast doing this challenge and I'm looking forward to getting more creative inspiration from Scrap Around The World.   :)

PS: I may just take some fresh photos tomorrow morning when the light is just right, and see if I can't  get not only a far better pic, but some close ups of the texture and other fun 'bits' on my layout.   ;)

PPS: For some better photos of my layout please see HERE.   :)

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Alison, what a talent you have! I love it, just sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alz, it's fabulous and so wonderful that you had so much fun making it. Hope you have as much fun tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo! love your arty funky cool page! Thanks for sharing it with us at SATW! so glad you made it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all your kind words about Scrap Around The World! Indeed you have done all you need to do, which is just to post an image of the sketch and mood board and mention the site's full name with a link back to the current challenge. Your layout is so arty and fabulous too! Thanks for playing! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great page Alz, so glad you were able to get it in on time!! Love the text banner and thanks for joining in on our June Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page!Thanks for sharing it with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did GREAT, Alison! Love your surreal page. Thank you for inspiring us at Scrap Around the World with your amazing LO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your artsy, painterly page with us at SATW. Your words are true joy to our ears!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabolous colorful layout. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Around The World

    ReplyDelete