Thursday, June 14, 2012

Playing catch up

Over at ScrapChat I set a couple of challenges each month. One is a LO challenge, the other an all year round Christmas card challenge. Like so many of my scrappy friends, I like to send out handmade cards at Christmas. I hang my head in shame as I admit that the past two Christmases have seen not a single card sent from my home. Something had to change .. we needed to get organised!

Here's where the "playing catch up" comes into well, play .. I've been setting themes each month for our Christmas cards. I rocked through January (joy) and February (green & silver), but come March I came to a grinding halt. I just could not wrap my head around the theme for March which was 'rustic'. Then came April and I thought "be smart" and so keeping that and the perfect patterned paper I had in my stash in mind, I set the theme 'Here comes Santa Claus'. The problem with April's cards is the Santa Claus patterned paper had been sitting on my desk languishing, gathering dust. May? Oh no let's not even discuss May LOL! The theme for May was 'peace' and until a few days ago I had no idea what to do with it! In the end what I came up with is a little (?) left of centre but heh at least it'll stand out on the mantelpiece LOL!!

So this is me .. "playing catch up"..

March - A Rustic Christmas
products used:
cardstock - SU Crumb Cake
patterned paper - Chatterbox artsy.licious Fine Flocked Paper in Ruby
stamps - Kaisercraft Sheet Music, Prima Nouveau, SU French Foliage and En Francais
inks - StazOn Blazing Red, Black Cherry and Saddle Brown, SU Crumb Cake, ColorBox fluid chalk Dar Moss
other fun stuff - German Glass glitter (rose), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Gold), Lumiere acrylic paint (561 - Metallic Gold), twine, chipboard

April - Here comes Santa Claus
products used:
cardstock - SU Confetti White, ColorMates Medium Autumn Red
patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket Dear Mr Claus collection
other - Tim Holtz mini paper rosettes die, EK Success Swiss Cheese border punch

May - Peace
products used:
cardstock - SU Confetti White
other - chipboard peace signs by Mel Johns, various organza ribbons, Making Memories rub-ons (Beach - red)
fun stuff - FolkArt acrylic paint (662 - Metallic Silver Sterling), Crystalina Kindy Glitz, Glossy Accents

2012 Christmas card count .. 30 done .. 30+ still to go!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment