Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Alien abductions and me

Okay so I haven't been abducted by aliens which isn't to say I do or don't believe in aliens or that they abduct people (and possibly dogs who think they're people!). A cool thought though to think someone or something else is 'out there'. But if you've been wondering where I am .. well they say a picture is worth a thousand words ..

**WARNING**

Turn away now if you don't like blood and stuff!

Have you turned away?

Personally I don't see the big deal but ..

don't say I didn't warn you!

My absence is self-explanatory really ..
day 6
carpal tunnel release surgery
right hand .. dominant hand .. NO scrapping
aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my experience (so far) the worst thing about having surgery on your dominant hand, presuming you are as useless as me with your non dominant hand, is you can't clean your teeth properly. Seriously! That and not being able to scrap. Plus, you'll never believe this, the day before my surgery (which I had less than a week's notice for!) I received Teresa Collins' latest collections in the mail .. Everyday MomentsFabrications, and Spring Fling. Such torture!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways the recovery is going well. Heh I'm posting here aren't I LOL?! But the increasing finger movement 'stuff' which admittedly is awesome, is just the start of the long road I have ahead of me. Weight bearing and strength will take some time. One thing's for sure, I won't be doing much blending with my Distress Inks for a while!!! Hopefully though with the help of my osteo, and other hand therapy, I'll have a full recovery in record time. Otherwise don't be surprised if you're invited over to my place to scrap and end up doing my scrapping instead of your own LOL!!!!

So, until we meet again, keep smiling!   :)


5 comments:

  1. It's looking good though, I hope it's not too painful. AND remember don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the teeth cleaning. Glad to hear it's all going well. Take care and don't over do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lookin good sunshine... This is the second post i have written, though i am going to p\blame the aliens on the first one.

    Dont over do it and know that you have a visitor willing, when ever you want one.. and heh.. i dont even mind doing something for you if you are that desperate to create. I will loan you my hands...

    Until then, eyes to the skies... you never know what out there, lurking.. watching.. waiting! ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch - looks very sore Alz, hope it feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see the wound is healing :) take care and please don't over do it.. let the thing mend :):) xox ~~{{HUGS}~~ xox

    ReplyDelete