Friday, August 5, 2011

More of Matilda

Is Tiff Firth brilliant or is she brilliant? Honestly? I adore this photo she captured of my friend Tammi's little girl Matilda (hi Tim Tam and Matilda!). I especially love the way Tiff edited the photo to black and white to blow out the colour of Matilda's eyes. Stunning work Tiff!!! Check out more of Tiff's work HERE.

As with the other photo of Matilda I've scrapped, when I saw this photo I knew I had to work with it. The jury is out on how I feel about this layout. I was battling some pretty horrendous generalised anxiety at the time and in the end made myself, after three or so days of procrastinating over it, just start sticking things down. On the one hand I really like how it came together, yet on the other I feel such a dramatic photo really should have been scrapped far more simply to let the photo shine. I'm not sure. I don't know. I do think it is lovely though ...

Mesmerising
products used:
cardstock - Bazzill Swiss Dots; patterned paper - K&Co Addison specialty papers, K&Co Amy Butler designer paper; Websters Pages vintage inspired netting; K&Co Blue Awning Metal Art; crystal brads; lilybeedesign ABC stickers; American Crafts Thickers - Delight, Fabric, Black and Lullaby, Foam, Charcoal; K&Co Amy Butler embossed stickers, die-cut cardstock and fabric tag; K&Co Elegance Die-Cut acetate; Zva Creative black crystal flourish; black Kaiser rhinestones; black Zig Writer; black sewing machine thread

Because I have a backlog of sketches to work through (I can scare keep up with my friend Kylie [heh K!] of Yillup Designs) I've used yet another of Alz Sketchz ...

Alz Sketchz - Julie

Kylie created the sketch from a layout I produced for Kaiser during a guest designer stint for them ...

Julie
products used:
Kaiser Gypsy Sisters Collection: patterned paper - Nadia, Sofia, Esmerelda and Ella, colour Rub Ons, Die Cut Elements, 6" paper pad; Kaiser Flowers and Pearls both in Snow; Bazzill Swiss Dots cardstock; QuicKutz "Stardust" alpha dies; Uniball Signo white pen; Zig Calligraphy pen - Antique Burgundy

Thanks again Kylie for all the hard work you put in helping me to create my own range of sketches.  Hugs.  xx

PS: You can visit Kylie's ETSY store HERE.
PPS: Thanks again Tim Tam for allowing me to scrap Matilda!  xx

1 comment: