Sunday, August 7, 2011

8.5x11 or thereabouts

As some of you would know, I'm working on a weekly challenges journal this year at ScrapChat based around our favourites of varying things. Right now I am sooooooo far behind in these challenges it's not funny. At all. But when the Mac was out of action I figured I'd have a go at playing catch up. Amongst (many) other things I completed three of the challenges (favourite ... photo, piece of clothing and city). Catching up completely started to feel within my grasp LOL. That was until Kylie (heh K!) put up two weeks' challenges in one hit. Plus another one this week! Noice one K!!! LOL!!!

Anyways the pages in the Visual Arts Diary I am using for my challenge journal are kind of similar in size to an 8.5x11 layout. So that's how I've decided to 'label' them. Being a 12x12 scrapper I've found it challenging and interesting working in an 8.5x11 format. I must confess though, it's growing on me. These are the three pages I have recently completed ...

Once were pink
(Week 20 - favourite piece of clothing)
products used:
Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock; Doodlebug Designs Inc crushed velvet Bubblegum cardstock; patterned paper - something seriously ancient from my stash (no LOL, that's not a brand!!); American Crafts Thickers - Delight, Fabric, Black; lilybeedesign ABC stickers; Queen & Co brads; dies - Sizzix Boss-O alphas, Sizzix Arrows #2, Big Shot Thick Cuts Circles; recycled flannelette fabric and buttons from my pjs; upcycled pink chenille; upcycled vintage shipping tags and cotton string; black Zig Writer; black embroidery cotton and sewing machine thread

Tranquil
(Week 18 - favourite photo)
products used:
Bazzill Swiss Dots cardstock; patterned paper - Making Memories and Chatterbox; American Crafts Thickers - Gift Box and Shoe Box both in raw chipboard; Sassafras Lass chipboard sticker shapes - Woody Pal Around; Martha Stewart border punch; washi tape; upcycled vintage shipping tag and cotton string; Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake classic stampin' pad; Chocolate Zig Writer;

Key West
(Week 28 - favourite city)
products used:
Bazzill cardstock; American Crafts Thickers - Daiquiri, Foam, White; Prima Lisle Multi flowers; Queen & Co brads; Paper Raffia in Pistachio and White; Green Tara White paper string; white German Scraps; Kaisercolour White acrylic paint; Black and Denim Zig Writers

What's next? There are a multitude of challenges 'out there' which I'd love to give a go. I'm still waaaay behind in my weekly favourites challenge journal. I owe at least two people CJ pages. I had planned to make some Christmas cards 'for the troops'. Sigh (LOL) ... what's a girl to do? I think I'll go with some more weekly favourites challenges.  Perhaps catch up a little more ... maybe ...

1 comment:

  1. WOW OH WOW these are STUNNing dear!... love your use of the bird punch on the 2nd layout. love the colours in the second and EVERYTHING with the first one!...hehe such a cool idea using some of the fabric ofyour pj's hehe!.... love them all dear xx :)

    ReplyDelete