Monday, June 27, 2011

I sold it all!!!

Nah, just joshing LOL!  But this has been the state of my studio for the past little while.  Hence the 'no action' on my blog.  I've had naught to share!

Tis empty!

Back in early February when the freak storms hit Melbourne, the entire west side of our house flooded from the rain coming in through our yet to be replaced roof.  Anyways our bamboo flooring needed to be ripped up and replaced which meant a whole lot of packing and moving furniture and then eventually more unpacking and moving of furniture.  Several weeks later my studio is unpacked again and looking better than ever!  So onwards and upwards (as some say) ...

The Queen's Birthday weekend saw my fellow Victorian ScrapChatters (plus a few 'ring-ins' [ha ha] from interstate) heading off to Lancefield for a four day, fun filled, scrapping retreat.  If it wasn't for the work being done on our home I would have joined them.  Roll on 2012 I say!  Anyways my buddy K set some wonderful challenges for them and one of them was to create as many cards as you could from the one sheet of patterned paper.  A 'One Sheet Wonder' card challenge.  Brilliant idea!  Even though I wasn't at the retreat and the due date for the challenge has loooong gone (LOL) I still wanted to give it a go.  One person who shall remain unnamed (hi Renae LOL!!!) actually managed to create 20 (yep twenty!) cards!!!!  I managed a meagre nine but was happy nonetheless.

I used a 12x12 sheet from the retired Stampin' Up! designer series paper 'Urban Oasis'.  I fancied working with spots for some reason ...


Following are the card sets I made with this one sheet of patterned paper and, of course, their corresponding products lists ...

Stampin' Up! products used:
cardstock - Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory; ink pads - Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Basic Black; Urban Oasis DSP; and "That's Funny" stamp set
other products used: Sakura Gelly Roll pens

Stampin' Up! products used:
cardstock - Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory; ink pads - Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake; Urban Oasis DSP; linen thread; clear buttons; and "Party Hearty" stamp set

Stampin' Up! products used:
cardstock - Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory; ink pads - Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake; Urban Oasis DSP; Kraft taffeta ribbon; clear buttons; and "Kindred Spirits" stamp set
other products used: Fancy Pants heart pins; and recycled string

What's next?  I'm not sure really.  Some more cards?  I'd love to finish up that pack of Urban Oasis DSP.    Although, I am eight weeks behind in my Weekly Favourites Journal Challenge.  Plus I owe buddies at least one, possibly two, CJ pages.  Then there are the other challenges from the 3MMM retreat I'd love to give a go.  Oh and the layouts to create with new sketches I have to share, and ... and ... and ...

Maybe stay tuned?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo glad your studio is getting back to normal and you can enjoy it again, Alz. You did such a fabulous job with your One Sheet Wonder challenge too. Enjoy your day! xx

    ReplyDelete