Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More pink piggies!

For those of you who loved my pink piggy card series I have more pink piggies to share!!!  I adore this Sizzix die so if I can find an excuse to use it yep, you can bet on it, out it'll come.  So I'm in this Circle Journal swap at ScrapChat and one of the girls (heh Brooke!) who has recently had a baby decided because she was having her first baby and has fond memories of family reading nursery rhymes to her when she was little, that she'd like a CJ full of our favourite nursery rhymes.  Well as we all know LOL I struggle when it comes to selecting a favourite anything so a favourite nursery rhyme?  Not a hope.  But if I 'did' This little piggy at least I might be able to incorporate some more pink piggies into my creations.  So I did and I have!

This little piggy
products used include: various patterned papers from My Little Shoebox Sky's the Limit, Away We Go, Flying High, Whoo Loves You, and Imagine a Forest collections; Sizzix die, Pig #2; Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock; American Crafts Thickers, Delight, Fabric, Black; pink Kindy Glitz; Glossy Accents; black Kaiser pearls; buttons and embroidery cotton

Sign-in
(same products used as above)

Talking about CJs, although not pink piggies, here is another CJ entry for a friend (heh Pud [aka Sue]!) who's CJ theme was the number five ... yes "5".  Talk about cryptic huh?!  Did this theme cause me a headache or two?  Yep you bet it did.  I came up with my idea for my pages loooooong before I actually did them and then when I did them, feeling somewhat gloomy, I felt they were a bit 'political/social commentary' if you know what I mean.  Really the pages are not 'gloomy', rather are a good healthy dose of creative self-expression.

I decided to scrap about five things from the year I was born (1968).  I figured I'd find lots of fun and quirky facts about that time and do something fun and quirky.  What I found instead was a whole lot of irony.  For example, in 1968 the first successful heart transplant was performed and the first Big Mac was sold in a McDonalds restaurant.  Just as well huh?  That they got the heart transplant procedure right (so to speak) I mean.  I probably could have done a mini album dedicated to the ironies of 1968 but was limited to choosing five items and a double 8x8.  To express how I felt about the events I chose, I used lots of symbolism ... I printed my background using Martin Luther King Jr's I have a dream speech on kraft cardstock (the colour represents the preference of a lot of African Americans at [and before] that time for lighter coloured skin) which I then 'white-washed' with white paint.  I even went to the extent of using black cotton in my sewing machine with white cotton in my bobbin.  Of course all relevant because Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated in 1968 when in Memphis to speak out against growing violence in the Civil Rights Movement; one of the five events I included on my pages.  So yep I reckon you could say this is creative self-expression at its best.  Well, my best!

Anyways here is my "5" CJ entry for Pud ...

Ironic
products used include: kraft cardstock; white acrylic paint; Basic Grey Color Me Silly patterned paper; Cuttlebug Arrows die; My Little Shoebox mini alphabet stickers; Fundamentals Petites alphabet stickers; American Crafts Thickers, Subway, Black, Foam; pure black Zig Writer; sewing machine and cotton

Sign-in
(same products used as above)
PS: I used a 'play' on the term "[year] was a very good year" people humorously use when referring to the year they were born.

Well that's enough of CJ pages for today.  Besides, I need to find another excuse to create more pink piggies ...

No comments:

Post a Comment