Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I could be indecisive

... but then I'm really not sure.  Ha ha.  Seriously though I'm having a really hard time with this Weekly Favourites Challenge Journal over at ScrapChat.  Every week a new challenge goes up and I think to myself "oh this will be a cinch" but then when it comes to the crunch and I actually need to choose a favourite 'something' well, its not so easy.  Trust me LOL, I'm not losing sleep over this ... much.

I've had a little catching up to do with my Journal and have in the last few days covered the past few weeks' topics ... favourite TV show, favourite piece of advice, and favourite sport.  Now do you see my problem??  How do I choose my favourite TV show?  Do I go down my antiques/collectibles passion road with the various reality TV style antiques shows; or the entertaining comedy/humour based programmes which make me laugh; the dramas in which my heart and soul are invested; or the social commentary documentaries I love and adore on SBS?  Just as well we don't have Foxtel!!  Worst still, a piece of advice?  Especially when there are so many wise, insightful men and women in the world who have said, and are saying, so many wonderfully sage things.  When it came to my favourite sport I wondered if I could just leave a page in my journal blank LOL!  Not that I don't love sport.  I did, once.  In fact I used to play and watch an awful lot of it, but times have changed.  After 15 years or so of playing netball and various other sports such as hockey, and 20 or so years of going to what was the VFL (now the AFL) week in, week out to see my beloved Magpies 'fight' it out on the field, my life now is fairly devoid of sport.  I no longer play it, I'm no longer a spectator and, I can scarce believe, I no longer pour over every weekend paper to read all the stats and news of all the games.  What to do, what to do?  LOL!!

In the end it came down to this ...
  • If I could watch only one TV show a week what would it be?
  • Re the favourite piece of advice, keep it simple, easy to remember, and essential!
  • Sport?  Use the quintessential coin toss.  Heads netball, tails Aussie Rules.
Pretty easy in the end (LOL she says) ...

family is everything
(Week 15 - Favourite TV show)
products used include black cardstock, Tattered Angels Gold Glimmer Mist, Stampin' Up! Barely Banana cardstock, Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale alpha dies, and Stampin' Up! round tab punch
note: this page opens out to show photos of the family members and a lot of journaling in the form of a written synopsis of the 'story so far'

Smart Dude
(Week 16 - Favourite piece of advice)
products used include Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Cuttlebug Harlequin die, Carolees Creations Adornit tiny alphas, recycled cotton thread, red dot Washi tape, black marker, and font - 2Peas Barefoot Professor
note: I know they're hopelessly (?) outdated but I'm loving making my own banners plus how cool is the tatty old recycled cotton thread I 'upcycled'?!

roolz
(Week 17 - Favourite sport)
products used include Bazzill cardstock, Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock, American Craft Thickers Daiquiri black foam, Stampin' Up! large oval punch, Cuttlebug dies - arrows and Concentric Stars
note: again, lots of journaling because I figure someone one day might be interested in knowing why I chose this as my favourite sport

So that's that.  Stay tuned for more weekly favourites ... one day ... maybe ... perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment