Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So I got distracted

Okay so I got distracted. Which isn't a bad thing. Usually LOL! But when you're supposed to be making Christmas presents ..

Anyways, I found a tutorial for some fabulous (and easy!) felt flowers on YouTube and really had to have a go at making them. So I did. But what was I going to do with them when I was finished? I had a light bulb moment and remembered I had some wool felt bags and purses I had purchased eons ago from an online store in the States .. Joggles. Originally I had planned to embroider the bags but (a) they were lined which, although the wool felt was thick, made my job a little trickier than I had anticipated, and (b) I didn't know how to embroider. LOL! So into the "one day" pile they went. So then I'm thinking .. felt flowers .. wool felt bags .. are you catching my drift?

Wool felt bag with long handle

Wool felt bag with short handle

Wool felt clutch purse - large

Wool felt clutch purse - medium

I honestly cannot tell you how easy these felt flowers are to make. All I needed was felt (obviously LOL!), buttons (in the end I found shank buttons worked best), embroidery cotton and my Big Shot and Thick Cuts Circles die (Sizzix has something similar). Oh and some Helmar Fabric Glue .. this stuff is seriously brilliant for working with felt and other fabrics. To make the leaves I used an old Sizzix Original die, Paper Sculpting Daisy. You can purchase the bags (which are seriously good value) HERE.

I have some other felt flowers I'm keen to make in bulk, and have just finished organising my felt stash into colours, so think I might have to buy some of Joggles' gorgeous felt basket/bags with short handles. I'm thinking maybe the Dusty Rose, definitely the natural, and possibly the Seafoam and Skye Blue. LOL that ought to keep me busy for a while and who knows along the way, I might even learn to embroider! But seriously, these flowers are great to die-cut in advance and then sit and stitch together whilst doing something like watching TV. If you don't knit that is. Okay so now I'm rambling which is an indicator I should sign off.

I hope you're all enjoying the December craziness that is the lead up to Christmas.  :)

PS: I had a couple of flowers left over and so turned them into hair clips for the little girl who lives across the road ..

Hair clips for Alicia

I'm thinking of 'glitzing' them up a bit with some bling and/or Kindy Glitz etc as Alicia has just turned five and loves all things girly and sparkly. What do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment