Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Delightful .. with Scrap The Girls

Morning peeps!

It is still morning isn't it?? Oops, no it's not, but it is somewhere in the world isn't it?!

I did a wee bit of scrapping on the weekend. Just two layouts mind. I don't know if its the blue skies and shining sun of spring in Melbourne, chasing away those winter blues, but I feel like cleaning up in my scrap room. That never happens. Never. Me feeling like doing that, not the cleaning up bit lol. Although that's infrequent too. So I interspersed a bit of scrapping, a bit of tidying and sorting things out. You know how it is yes?

Meanwhile I digress. One of the layouts I created on the weekend was for the Scrap The Girls October challenge.

Delightful

The challenge was to Think Pink for Breast Cancer awareness month here in Australia. Although my mum hasn't had breast cancer, she's had long, ugly battles with other cancer and this photo of her as a healthy, young woman, wearing pink, in a dress she'd made herself, begged to be scrapped for this challenge.

Here are a few close ups ..



As you'll see from the Scrap The Girls challenge, I think I was clearly influenced by the black and white with the pink ..


Anyways, if you'd like to give this challenge a go, you can find all the details you need HERE.

Happy scrapping.

Alz  :)
Save

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Alison, such a tribute to your Mum! Love all the different flowers and the pop of black is a great highlight!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful layout, it all just works so well together. The black makes it pop. Thanks Alz for joining us at Scrap the Girls. I hope you get some more sorting done too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pretty details!! Thanks for playing with us on Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete