Thursday, April 13, 2017

Love this .. with Show Us Your Stuff

I pretty much love any challenge that tells me what to do. This month the challenge at Show Us Your Stuff did exactly that with a recipe challenge. This is what I came up with.

Love this

My handmade embellishments include .. a vintage Charms Creations crocheted doily, a vintage Chelley Bean Designs crochet flower, D-lish Scraps hand dyed muslin, and a Flutterby Designs flair.


Some close ups ..


My background came around in a somewhat serendipitous (?) way. My girlfriend Sandy loves her Ken Oliver Color Bursts and as I hadn't used mine in a really long time, I figured I should drag them out and have a play. My initial result was far too bright and vivid for what I wanted to do. I figured I could tone it down with white gesso but worried about the wet gesso activating all the little particles dotted around the page. But then I figured that would kinda add to the background in a good way so went for it. I love the result!

Fancy giving this month's Show Us Your Stuff challenge a go yourself? You can find all the details you need HERE.

Happy scrapping!
SaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. I really love the colours in this, and the way you have toned down the brightness of the Ken Olivers is a stroke of genius. Fabulous layout Alz, thanks for joining us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete