Monday, June 13, 2016

Seriously?! .. with Kraft Plus

So, I haven't been scrapping much lately because I've been studying, and then this happened ..

Harry ..

Harry was 12 weeks old when he came to live with us. He's a Kelpie x 'mix' and was adopted from a pet rescue group. He was rescued from a puppy farm where he had serious health problems which had been left untreated. Of the entire litter, he was the last to be adopted. I think most people were put off by his health problems and that he was the runt of the litter. I tell you though, he may have been the runt but he has a huge (like really big LOL) personality! So anyways, taking care of this little one's health and behavioural issues has been a full time job so I confess, not much of anything has been done. Even blogging. And sleeping. But right this minute, he and our other dog Bear, are annoying the cr@p out of my GB who is trying to catch up on some sleep. He he he. So I'm stealing the opportunity to have some 'me' time and blog!

Anyways last weekend (not this weekend just gone), my girlfriend Sandy came over to scrap for the weekend. Three days of uninterrupted bliss distractions by Harry, and Sandy scrapped something like 27 layouts whilst I managed a meagre three. LOL. This is one of them.

Seriously?!

I was inspired to create this layout by the current Kraft Plus challenge which is to use jigsaw puzzle piece(s) on your layout. The challenge was particularly relevant to my photo of Bear in his new winter coat as the puzzled expression on his face said it all.


At first I thought working with the puzzle pieces was going to be really difficult. Thankfully I still had my Big Shot Puzzle Die. Does anyone else remember the good old blue Big Shot Thick Cut dies? I dragged it out, cut 27,000 jigsaw pieces out of kraft cardstock and spare photos, and figured I'd use them as part of my background. Like I would with any other shapes like, say, circles. I think it worked. Anyways I had a bit of fun, relaxing and throwing all sorts of materials on my layout, once I found my groove.

You can find all the details for this month's Kraft Plus challenge HERE. Go on, give it a go. I know you want to.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love how you've scattered the puzzle pieces around the page....always inspiring seeing your pages......but obv been VERY busy with your new baby. He looks gorgeous...& I'm sure all the hard work training will pay off! Thanks for joining us at K+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the puzzle piece background Alz....and yeah Bear looks like he is not sure what to make of his new winter coat. Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this All. Thank you for joining us at K+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously FABulous! Such a brilliant background...thanks for joining us over @ K+ :) Love your new addition to the family, gotta love the runt of the litter...we collected one of those in kitten form ;)

    ReplyDelete