Thursday, November 5, 2015

American Crafts .. SBM Masters challenge

I love American Crafts. I really, really do. But this Masters challenge threw me into a spin. I simply could not pull something together. Aside from two sheets of patterned paper, I cut them all into bits and pieces trying to create a layout which spectacularly highlighted the products. In the end I was left with the pink ombre paper (and all my cut up bits) and this is what I came up with.

Smile
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 18 No 4

I have no idea, absolutely no idea, why I found this American Crafts range so difficult to work with. In the end, because I was chasing a deadline, I 'threw' this together and sent it into the magazine. And I felt awful doing so. The funny thing is, when the layout was returned after being photographed, I opened the pizza box and was like "wow". LOL I loved it!!! For the life of me I could not figure out why I hadn't liked it and why, in my head, I had made such a huge fuss about it?!

I don't know. Sometimes I wonder if this scrapbooking business is just as crazy as my friends are (she says smirking) ..

1 comment: