Thursday, August 21, 2014

Scrap The Boys .. August

This month the challenge at Scrap The Boys is all about profiling. The want to see what makes 'your boy' tick and what he is into. Basically they want all the details.

'My boy' this month is our very dear friend Adrian (or as his friends call him, Adie). Adrian used to be one of GB's best mates and whilst he was posted in Darwin with the army, he met and fell in love with an American girl (Holly) and within three months they were married. They tried living in Australia for a long time but eventually had to move to America so that Holly could get work in the field for which she studied at college. Its been about 20 years since they moved back to America and we miss them terribly. Sure we've visited and they've visited but its not the same. Thank god for the modern technology that enables us to maintain contact without spending the earth on international phone calls!

Anyways I came across this photo of Adie on Holly's Facebook page and it so the Adie we know and love and I wanted to celebrate that. So here's to Adie!

Cheers

You may be growing tired of seeing me use the Prima Stitched Circles stamp and if you are, I'm sorry, its going to be around for a long, long while LOL! I've used just one or two D-lish Scraps embellishments on my page .. white Carnations, brown Cherry Blossoms, white Sweet Petites,  Flair Buttons from the Life in Bokeh pack, a Canvas Pick 'n' Place BowFreckled Fawn Dew Drops and Freckled Fawn wood chips.


By the way I went on a secret mission to obtain my journaling from Holly. I was thrilled to see that despite the passing of time, he's still the same Adie we know and love.

I hope Adie and Holly will approve of this layout. I know GB loves it and that's a good sign LOL! I'm thrilled with it and when I look at it, its like Adie is right here sitting opposite me having a drink. Love you and miss you mate! Cheers!

You can find the current challenge at Scrap The Boys HERE. Good luck and happy scrapping!

8 comments:

  1. A great layout Alison, the journaling on the vellum looks great! The design and all the little embellishments aswell! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap The Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is really lovely, a wonderful tribute to your friend, and you could pretend he is just across the table sharing a drink with you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks FAB Alz! (And no, not tired of your stitched circle stamp yet! hehe) Love the pops of gold, it's a wonderful tribute to your friend and I hope he loves it too! Thanks for playing along with us at STB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of gold, and I understand the Prima stamp thing too one of my favs. Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow really love this! The design is awesome (I love those circle stamps too!) you really captured a mood here, beautiful tribute to your friend! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layering & BG. Those pops of gold make it pop! Thanks for playing along with STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love this page Alison the gold is gorgeous!
    Love those circles too and those stamps.
    Thanks for playing along with STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bugger, looks like I'm a bit late. Congrats on the sub and from what I can see on the little thumbnail pic your layout looked awesome so I'm not surprised that it's been snatched up for publishing :)

    ReplyDelete