Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Scrapbook Savvy Cyber Crop .. 54321 challenge

My girlfriend Sandy and I participated in a Cyber Crop (the first one in years, literally) this weekend just gone. The CC was hosted by Scrapbook Savvy and was so, so much fun. We had calculated that over our three day scrapping weekend we had seven 'sessions' in which to scrap. We equated that to seven layouts each, or at the very least, six. I think Sandy managed six layouts and a card but for me, other things got in the way and I only managed three. This was the first of them. The challenge was a 54321 challenge, somewhat like a recipe challenge, where you needed to use a certain number of items on your layout.

Love actually
published in Scrapbooking Memories Issue 17 No. 3

I had such a lot of fun creating this layout and playing with some new ideas and techniques I've had festering in my head for a while. Some with more success than others. My washi tape feathers look a little more like leaves but that's okay. I've made smaller washi tape feathers before with success so think I'll go back to the drawing board for that one. Plus you know your laser cut chipboard? I'm a bit of a neat freak and confess that the charred outlines drive me crazy and I diligently use a cotton bud or tissue to 'clean' them. Not so this time. Straight to the spray booth in the garage with a can of white gesso and Bob's your uncle! Once they were dry I coloured them with gelatos and left them 'raw'. I'm a big fan of Glossy Accents (especially on top of watercolours) but these ones needed to be left in a matte finish and I personally think they look awesome LOL!


Guess what's coming next? Yep my materials list of beautiful D-lish Scraps products! Oh, in case this is the first time you've visited my blog, I'm on the design team for D-lish Scraps and am, quite possibly, their biggest fan, so I use a lot of their products in my scrapbooking. Anyways I've used Washi Tape to create my feathers/leaves (LOL), Flair Buttons from the 2014 Script Words Watercolour and Geometrics Pink/Red/Blue packs, Copper Wire to form the centre of my feathers (pretty much any colour could be used but give consideration to how it will show up under the washi tape you are using), chevron Chipboard, a 'love' Metal Key, the last of my mini 3.5" round Paper Doilies (I hope I've ordered some more!!!!), coral Canvas Blooms of which I only removed one of the pearls this time, white Cosmos Daisies, pink Carnations, and white Mini Roses.

I really do like this layout. I am loving pastels at the moment (very unusual for me) and loving flowers and all things girly! Thanks for the inspiration Scrapbook Savvy!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment