Wednesday, July 31, 2013

White With 1 - July

Be prepared for something completely different people. This started out as my layout for the White With 1 July challenge .. white + navy + arrows. Then kind of morphed into something unlike anything I've ever done before. I don't do grid-like scrapping. I don't do doubles. I don't do no paint/ink/mists or grunge. I don't do this ..

Best birthday

LOL but I did!!! I was going through my photos looking for something that would work with navy. Having only a short time ago completed a full on navy layout, and finding I had a shortage on navy scrapping supplies, I was looking for something very particular. I found these photos from my birthday last year and they leaped out at me to be scrapped. Because there was so many of them (well for me anyways) I started visualising them done in a Project Life style of scrapping. The only problem with that is I'm not quite sure how much I want to venture into Project Life scrapping. I have everything I need to do it I just haven't taken that first step. So then I figured "why not make this look like something Project Life but actually do it as a traditional layout?". That's how it started. It took me forever. I kid you not. I played with this layout in some way or another for about a week. A week in which I could have got my grunge on and created multiple layouts!! Everything was flat. There was no mess. Everything lined up perfectly (well almost!). It seemed so boring. It needed something. Anything. Was I doomed to never take on Project Life in the future? So I started embellishing, embellishing and then embellished some more, and I was happy. Well at least happier. LOL! I suspect if I do venture into Project Life (which is the plan for my travel albums) I'm going to have to learn to curb the urge to get 'my mess on' and also accept that there will be little or no lumpy bumpy bits.

If you're a super quick scrapper, you still have time to get this challenge done as its due midnight tonight. But you'd better hurry!! You can find the challenge details HERE. Good luck!!!    :)

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. I am not a PL person, but I love the idea of creating PL type page in real life. Very cool effect overall. Thanks for sharing and playing along at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this I thought this is like project life.....so different for you Alz. then I read your blerb.....then I took a closer look..... and there is a pic of me in there...hehe I'm famous hehe.
    made me smile...and I so needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Alz....love your take on this months challenge... Thanks for playing along with us at WW1. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout with all the journaling.Thanks for playing along at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this Alz, fabulous layout, thanks so much for joining in with us at WW1!

    ReplyDelete