Sunday, June 16, 2013

1-2-3 June challenge

The challenge this month at 1-2-3 is ..


I knew that I wanted to do this challenge but it wasn't until I was searching through my stash for something altogether different, and I stumbled across the most sublime piece of grey patterned paper (thanks Sassafras Studio Calico!) that I was hooked .. hook, line and sinker. I had a recently printed black and white photo I thought might work. I had a couple of circle ideas I'd been playing with in my head. In a round about fashion, this is what I ended up with ..

way with words


My niece Mia really does have a way with words. I mean seriously, who other than Mia would upload a photo to Facebook with the caption "sand between our toes, salt water leaking through my nose"?!!! I love her originality, her quirkiness, her determination to be who she is is. One day I'll scrap those exact sentiments, but for now, I'm happy to just have a laugh at her way with words.

If you think this challenge could be your thing, you can find all you need to know HERE. Now go get scrapping!!!   :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Alison, love the little splashes of colour and great photo! Your title in two tone looks so cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of bight colour!!! Fab layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, this is sooo beautiful. love the colours too! thanks for playing along with us at 123!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous pic. Love your orange and aqua paired with the grey. Thanks for joining us at 123

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Alz... love those colours! Thanks for playing along at 123 xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh that paper is gorgeous! Lovely layout, looks brilliant with the b&w photo & added colour! Thanks for playing over @ 123 :)

    ReplyDelete