Monday, November 28, 2011

Decking the halls

You know that feeling when you've spent weeks working on a big project and then all of a sudden it's finished and you're not sure what to do next? I think I'll call that feeling 'Creatively Tired and Confused' LOL ... CTT!! Well that was me on the weekend, which sucked big time because my girlfriend (heh Sandy!!) was hear to catch up and scrap. I was totally without inspiration. The 54 cards I made for the florist had left me with a bad case of CTT! Knowing me as well as she did, Sandy suggested I make some Christmas decorations. The perfect project really ... getting down and dirty with lots of paints and other mediums. Plus it has been such a long time since I really needed to wear my crafting apron! So I took up Sandy's suggestion and made some Christmas stars ...

Star Bright
products used:
Tim Holtz Grungeboard (plain); Sizzix die - Stars, Primitive; Tim Holtz Alterations die - Mini Paper Rosettes; Viva Decor Ferro Metal Effect Colour - Old Gold; German Glass Glitter - Copper; Stampin' Up! DSP - First Edition; Prima Flower Centres; metallic embroidery thread; beads

I am thrilled with the result, and inspired to make more decorations!!! Having spent the past few years sorting, culling, packing, renovating, selling, packing, moving, renting, building, packing, moving, we haven't worried so much about decorating our homes for Christmas. This year though we're thinking of getting a Christmas tree. Only problem with that is the Christmas decorations haven't been unpacked and although we know what box number they're in, where exactly that box is, is something of a mystery! So yep, thanks for your suggestion Sandy ... our tree may not be entirely bare this year!!!! xx

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, Alz! I love them! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alz they're gorgeous.
    When are you making some to sell? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing looking deco's Alison, clever chick xx

    ReplyDelete