Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What do flowers, songs, and creations have in common?

They are all weekly favourite challenges over at ScrapChat.

September has been a difficult month. Coming to the realisation that it was time to let Max go. Accepting that realisation. Acting upon it. Difficult times. There have been countless days when I have quite simply not known what to do, where to turn. Days of having to drag myself out of bed when all I've wanted to do is stay under the covers with Max, and, later, with his blanket. But for what purpose? When he was gone, what was I going to do when I got out of bed? My life revolved around him.

I am thankful for that time spent in hospital when I learned how to make cards as occupational therapy. I am thankful for all those months spent in therapy learning about mindfulness and how to implement it in my daily life. Without either of these tools I think I would have succumbed, in the end, to the urge to never get out of bed again. I did get out of bed and, although without inspiration, I had a long list of 'favourite' challenges which were overdue. Those challenges, together with a frenzy of card making for a girlfriend have got me to today.

Ye Olde English Roses
(favourite flower)
products used:
cardstock - Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla; patterned paper - Kaisercraft Timeless Collection Sheet Music, 7Gypsies Savannah Flock Paper Harlequin, red flocked paper; Heidi Swapp clips; Cuttlebug alpha dies - Harmony; Sizzix/Stampin' Up! Embosslits - Beautiful Wings; Kaiser Pearls - Pewter; Kaisercolour acrylic paint - Antique White; fine, gold tulle and red sewing machine cotton

Harmony
(favourite song)

opened
products used:
cardstock - Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grungeboard Nature (as masks); Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Denim Blue, Suede, Sunflower; Tsukineko Walnut Ink - Willow; FolkArt acrylic paint - 527 Forest Moss; Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers - Reverse Black and Vintage Black; Stampin' Up! Linen Thread; Pure Black Zig Writer, Uni-ball Signo white pen

Tim Holtz Junkie
(favourite creation)
products used:
cardstock - Bazzill; patterned paper - Tim Holtz paper stack Lost and Found; black Smooth Spritz (and mesh tape used as a mask); Tim Holtz Idea-ology - plain Grungeboard, metal embellishments; Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations dies - Hanging Sign and Heart Wings; Jimnie Gel Roller silver pen; Dymo and black label; black leather, black sewing machine thread, embroidery cotton

Next up I'll share the cards I've been making this past week. Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment