Friday, August 19, 2011

Not every page has to be a 'work of art' ...

Sometimes if we want to get those memories preserved and those photographs scrapped we just need to pick up the pace a little and keep things simple. I still haven't finished the first album I started seven (?) years ago and I'm getting to the stage where I'd really like to! I still haven't scrapped our overseas holidays photos from 1995 and I'd really like to before the 20 year anniversary of that trip comes around. LOL it's the same with our wedding album for which we paid the professional photographer an exorbitant amount for our negatives (even though I wasn't a scrapper at the time!!!)!!

I'm pretty sure most of us have the same dilemma ... trying to play catch up on the past as well as keeping current with the present. At the moment I'm trying to catch up with my Weekly Favourites Challenge Journal at ScrapChat. It was so much more manageable when I was completing those pages one a week. But right now I feel a little like I'm chasing my tail. Sure I've made some progress ... this past week I've completed another three pages, but then tomorrow another challenge will be posted ... groan! LOL I no complain ... not really ... I just wish for time to stand still until I'm up to date!!

Anyways, so in the spirit of simply wanting to get some pages for my Journal done I've taken the simple approach and literally kept these pages simple! They've come together so much easier and as I've focused more on the journaling I'm pretty happy that although not 'works of art' (LOL) they do what I want and need them to do ... tell a story.

Without further ado I give you ...

Thomas Arthur Edward
(Week 32 - Favourite name)
products used:
7Gypsies Venice Paper Collection - Campo, Gondola and Canal (including reverse); American Crafts Thickers - Daiquiri, foam, black; Pure Black and Coffee Zig Writers

Freedom
(Week 22 - Favourite holiday)
products used:
patterned paper - Basic Grey Basics Ledger, My Little Shoebox Flying High - Miles High, Bird's Eye View, Tweet, and My Little Shoebox Away We Go Vroom!; American Crafts Thickers - Delight, fabric, green; Stampin' Up! Ice Cream Parlor buttons; Pure Black Zig Writer; embroidery cotton

Supernatural
(Week 25 - Favourite chair)
products used:
patterned paper from K&Co Berry Sweet specialty paper pad; American Crafts Thickers - Daiquiri, foam, black; white mesh, glass tape, black color check tape, Kitty Robot buttons; embroidery cotton

Please wish me luck as I attempt (amongst other things!) to catch up on Week 19 (favourite flower) and Week 27 (favourite creation) over the next couple of days and yep LOL, I'll be taking the simple approach!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Alz these are AWESOME, I love how you've done them.

    I always seem to be chasing my tail these days. LOL


    Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Alz, these are great pages. I enjoy seeing you tell stories like this :) And how does one every catch up? Doing what you can, when you can, is better than most people manage :) xx

    ReplyDelete