Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The jury is out

Why? GB can't remember whether these photos were taken at 343 Albert Street, Brunswick or at his Nan's place in Windsor. Sigh ... couldn't he have told me this when I asked him this morning about the photos?? The kitchen in which the photos were taken is sooooo like the old kitchen at his family home in Brunswick, I just presumed that was where it was. Now we need to check with his much older brother and all I can say is thank god for Washi Tape!!! If I need to change my journaling out will come the Washi Tape and all will be saved!

Turning six
products used:
kraft cardstock; patterned paper - Echo Park Sweet Summertime Summer Argyle and Sunny Spots (reverse of both); Fancy Pants felt shapes - Playhouse and Biggest Board - lotsa letters; Queen & Co brads; Pressed Petals Monday's Metal - Star Cream; Chelley Bean Designs yellow tissue flower; Carolee's Creations Sleek White alphas; dies - Sizzix Giraffe #2, Cuttlebug Harlequin; Kaisercolour acrylic paint - white; black Sharpie and white Uni-ball Signo; felt, fabric and upcycled white cotton string

I'm also not 100% sure what I think about this layout. I find male layouts challenging at best and whether it's because I'm attracted to flowers and 'girly' colours or because we haven't had any boys of our own, I have a definite shortage of boy related products in my stash. When you add to the mix that the photos I'm scrapping of GB's childhood are not quite vintage, I'm finding I'm really stuck. So blah blah blah LOL ... this layout is just not quite my usual style (if you could even say I had one!) and I think I'm going to need to look at it from time to time over the next few days before I can decide definitely whether I like it or not. Oh god I sound like a raving lunatic LOL!

Despite all of the above I'm really pleased I actually created this layout. It's for the Scrap the Boys August challenge and we all know how much I love a good challenge! The Scrap the Boys August challenge was based on using a photo from which to draw inspiration. I fell in love with it straight away, despite the primary colours ...


Who knows LOL? Perhaps the retro styling (which I am soooooooo in love with at the moment) and the sunshine/beach colours (when I'm dreaming of summer!) grabbed my attention? Whatever the case I knew I had to do so something with them and I'm really happy I have. It's good to throw oneself out of our comfort zones from time to time don't you think?

Anyways if you're interested in the Scrap the Boys challenges, you can have a look see at the blog HERE. I for one am definitely looking forward to future challenges at Scrap the Boys ... no longer will those photos of GB's childhood, my nephews, and all the blokes in my life (LOL!) sit latent in dusty old boxes!  :)

PS: We have a verdict ... I had the wrong address on the layout and the Washi Tape just didn't cut it.  :(

PPS: I'm off to absorb some Scrap the Boys brilliance ...

2 comments:

  1. Love the paint and banner in your layout as well as the little splashes of colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this LO Alz. The colours work so beautifully together, and it really has the same essence as the photo! :D

    ReplyDelete