Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm baaaaaaaaack ...

I love music. All types of music. I love to sing. That I'm possibly the world's worst singer doesn't phase me. (If you believe GB I'm tone deaf LOL.) I'm also shocking at remembering song lyrics. Despite this, I am often inspired by music, particularly song lyrics, when scrapping. This layout was created with Queen's "You're my best friend" playing in the recesses of my mind. I had already decided the title would be "best friends", or something to that effect and then instantly, wouldn't you know it, Queen starts playing, on a loop I might add, in my head. The lyrics were perfect and with a little 'tweaking' the following was born ...

Best friends
products used:
cardstock - Core'dinations Whitewash Collection, Stampin' Up! Kraft, Bo Bonny Slate Dot; patterned paper - Crate Paper Restoration Collection Fringe, Doilies (including reverse), Lace (including reverse), 7Gypsies Portobello, SEI Moravia flocked; Fancy Pants Designs designer trading cards; Making Memories velvet brads; CK OK antique brads; Basic Grey decorative paper clips; alphas - Carolee's Creations Adornit Sleek White Alphas, My Minds Eye Lime Twist Out of the Blue "Playful" Alphabet; Kaisercraft and Autumn Leaves rub-ons; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen; Big Shot Thick Cuts Circles die, Sizzix Circle #3 die; EK Success photo corner punch; leather and orange sinamay

I used one of Alz Sketchz when creating this layout ...

Alz Sketchz - Face of an angel

Special thanks to my buddy Kylie of Yillup Designs (heh K!) for creating this sketch from my original layout Face of an angel ...

Face of an angel
products used:
American Crafts cardstock - black and white; Kaisercraft Loire Valley - die-cut elements, 'extras' from Kaisercraft magazine; Kaisercraft Pearls - Teal; Kaisercolour acrylic paint - Seabreeze; Carolee's Creations Adornit Sleek Red Alphas; Prima Belle Fleur flowers - Tide Pool and Red Curry; Tiddlypeep Designs transparency; Creative Impressions White with White Swirl Organdy ribbon; cream, medium round brads; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick; Ranger Glossy Accents; black Zig Writer; Fiskars border punch - upper crest

Amongst other things, Kylie makes the most beautiful crocheted embellishments for scrapbooking and other crafting.  You can see them, and more, HERE.

What do I like best about my layout Best Friends? The unintended (but perfect) double entendre ... GB and Max are my best friends and GB and Max are best friends. You've got to love it when it all just 'gels' yes?   :)

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous layouts Alz - hard to believe they are from the same sketch.

    ReplyDelete