Saturday, April 2, 2011

So, did March send me mad?

As you know at the beginning of this month I set myself a list of scrapping 'to dos'.  For some of you the load might have looked fairly light on, but for this oft slow, sometimes (?) known to procrastinate, scrapper, the list was fairly ambitious.  So how did I go?  Did my March to do list send me completely mad???
  • finish the cover of my Favourites Journal (I started that a few days ago) - check!
  • February's colour challenge at ScrapChat (everything is on my desk waiting to go) - check!
  • Manda's now overdue CJ page (theme ... handmade) - check!
  • week #8 (favourite room) for my Favourites Journal - check!
Plus ...
  • weeks #9 through to #12 inclusive for my 2011 Weekly Favourites Journal
    • week # 9 - check!
    • week #10 - check!
    • week #11 - check!
    • week #12
  • the ScrapChat colour challenge
  • the ScrapChat sketch challenge - layout
  • the ScrapChat sketch challenge - card - check!
  • 'Pud's' CJ page (theme ... five)
  • 527 stick pins for a swap (okay so I exaggerate 'just a little' LOL) - check!
Plus ... three special projects, two of which I've had simmering on the back burner of my mind for ages now (one for well over a year [I know!] and the other since before September last year) ...
  • project one (mini albums for GB) - check!
  • project two (secret for someone so can't say what ... ssh!!)
  • project three (secret for someone so can't say what ... ssh!!)
Okay so I may not have quite got there, but given everything that's happened this month, I don't think I've put in a bad effort; and I haven't gone completely mad!!
I'm not planning to take on any further challenges in April.  I want to have a "check!" beside all of the above items as soon as possible.  To that end I have completed week #12's Weekly Favourites Journal Challenge which was to scrap the favourite time of your life.  This one needed a double spread in my journal as I couldn't settle on just the one time in my life and even then I had to cull my photos LOL!  I used the fabulously delicious new For the Record range from Echo Park.  I felt like such a 'grown up' scrapping with this range and love, love, love it.  I can't wait to continue working with it.

Oh happy days


other products used include Making Memories felt and tiny alphas, chipboard and JAC paper, Prima Sprite flowers (anyone else remember these?!), Making Memories and Queen & Co brads, Stampin' Up! scallop trim border punch, Big Shot Pro die Square Ribbon and Sizzix Bigz die Vine w/Leaves

Because I haven't been scrapping much lately (well not traditional 12x12 layouts anyways), and in fact my 2011 Weekly Favourites Journal has pretty much been 'it', I decided to approach this journal entry as a 'real' layout and did I have fun.  Distressing, sewing, journaling, die-cutting, making my own chipboard flourishes with some raw chipboard, JAC paper and patterned paper.  It felt good to approach this journal entry more 'seriously' (perhaps it was the 'grown up' Echo Park patterned paper LOL?!) and it has inspired me to continue creating.  What more could one ask for?


PS:  Next up is the ScrapChat March colour challenge ... the colours are divine!  Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment