Monday, February 28, 2011

Urban Oasis card set

This month a very dear friend of mine (hi Susan!) who is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator sent out a challenge to her fellow paper crafting devotees to create a set of co-ordinating card toppers.  I love card toppers.  In fact I think they are so fabulous I hosted a card toppers swap last year at ScrapChat.  Big or small they are perfect for having on hand for whipping up a fabulous card in next to no time at all.  You can find Susan's challenge HERE.

Anyways, I had on hand a variety of beautiful co-ordinating SU! products (some of which are now retired from last year) which I had been waiting to use for the longest of times and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to drag them out and have a play.  And play I did.  For me, the beauty of SU! products is their co-ordinating features, making it sooooooo easy to create something stunning because, quite simply, SU! make it nigh impossible to go wrong.  Initially I made these three card toppers ...


I found something magical about this colour combination (Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Kraft and Whisper White), the inspiring stamp set (Organic Outlines) and the designer series papers (Urban Oasis) and so couldn't stop at just the three card toppers.  I had to turn them into cards then and there; and I had to expand the set.  That's how inspiring I find SU! products to work with.  After another day or so of pottering here and there in between other projects and the usual domestic goddess stuff I pretend (on occasion) to do, I had created the following set of five Urban Oasis cards ...






SU! products used:
Cardstock - Kraft, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss (plus Watercolor Paper)
Inks - Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss
Stamp set - Organic Outlines
Taffeta ribbon - Crumb Cake and Whisper White
Dies - Top Note and Scallop Circle
Punches - various circles (to make the handmade flowers) and Scallop Trim Border
Miscellaneous - 2-Way Glue Pen, Aqua Painter and Sponge Daubers
Other products used:
Making Memories brads, Pink Paislee glitter, Cuttlebug Jamara embossing folder, and VersaMark Dazzle inkpad

Thanks a million Susan for the original inspiration/motivation to make these card toppers and the resulting Urban Oasis card set.  Thanks a bazillion Stampin' Up! for making it such an easy (and fun) process.  Stay tuned for more links to Susan's web site for future challenges ...

1 comment: