Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mel .. with Charms Creations

I was scrapping on the weekend with a girlfriend (heh Sandy!) who is quite mad about Charms Creations' embellishments (she's on the DT too LOL).  I confess once upon a time I too was quite crazy for them, and amassed something of a collection one might say. I haven't used them in a long, long time but watching my girlfriend using them over and over whenever we get together to scrap, I decided to get out my stash on the weekend. Then my girlfriend told me about the current challenge over on the Charms Creations FB page. To scrap lift one of the DT members. So up my alley. I love scrap lifting and haven't done it in a really long time. It was exactly what I needed.

Mel

I've scrap lifted one of Belinda Spencer's layouts. You can find her layout HERE. I've rotated her layout 90 degrees to the right and kept her triangular format much the same and was delighted to find I had the same chipboard leaves as she had used, in my stash. I've used some 'vintage' Charms Creations' embellishments here so please bear with me. Once upon a time Charm used to make varying sizes doilies; I've used half a 4" one on the left of my photo. Then I pulled a lush (?) lollipop apart. I needed the colour of the crochet doily base for the right side of my photo. The bonus of pulling one apart means I now have two embellishments, the second of which I'll use at a later date! I've also used a regular lollipop in the same colour range as Belinda's. I love how this layout came together.


This was a seriously fun challenge and I highly recommend you give it a go. You will not be short for inspiration from Charm's wonderful DT. Thanks for the inspiration for my layout Belinda!

Happy scrapping peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment