Friday, October 16, 2015

The first grandchild .. with My Scraps & More

This month Scrap Our Stash have teamed up with The Memory NestMy Scraps and More, and Challenge YOUrself to bring us a host of challenges for 'ScraptoberFest'. All up, there are four challenges, one from each of the blogs, plus a bonus challenge. The bonus challenge is to create a layout incorporating all four challenge criteria. So far, I've completed two of the challenges. I really hope to be able to complete all four challenges, plus the bonus challenge, and then the monthly sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash. For now though I'll just pace myself and see how I get on.  ;)

The first grandchild

My Scraps and More's challenge was a colour theme I found really, really difficult to work with.


I interpreted the colours as fuchsia, aquamarine, kraft, mustard and navy. The combination had my head spinning. I was lucky to have a patterned paper collection by Basic Grey that 'sort of' included all the colours except for the navy which, I think, was the colour that really threw me. Nonetheless I added it into the mixture on my layout and honestly? I really don't mind it.


Now that I have no magazine and design team commitments I'm relishing the thought of being able to complete the many, many projects I've started and then set aside. First up is to complete my mum's album which, I'm embarrassed to admit, I started ten years ago. Fortunately there aren't that many pages left to do, and as she has seen the album as it progresses, not many errors to rectify. So I've challenged myself to only do layouts for my mother's album over the next several challenges I participate in. LOL wish me luck!

Anyways, all the information you need to know about ScraptoberFest can be found HERE, and the details for My Scraps and More's colour challenge HERE. I'm having heaps of fun. You could too.

Anyways, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment