Saturday, October 31, 2015

Life is a journey .. with The Memory Nest


As mentioned in my previous post, this month Scrap Our Stash have teamed up with The Memory NestMy Scraps and More, and Challenge YOUrself to bring us a host of challenges for 'ScraptoberFest'. All up, there are four challenges, one from each of the blogs, plus a bonus challenge. The bonus challenge is to create a layout incorporating all four challenge criteria. My month ended up being unexpectedly busier than I had anticipated and I was only able to get to three of the challenges.

Having already completed the My Scraps and More colour challenge, I decided to give The Memory Nest's sketch challenge a go.

Life is a journey
sketch by Leslie Germain

Some close ups ..

awesome chipboard vintage projector by Scrap FX
a Maya Road bag filled with 'memorabilia'  ;)

I must confess that I fiddled with these photos and papers and embellishments and ideas forever. Or so it seemed. As a page for my mum's album, I wanted to encapsulate her memory of her first date with my dad in something of a time capsule, but was at quite a loss as to how to approach it. There was yet again a lot of journaling, as one might expect in a project of this nature, but I wanted an original way to present the journaling. Eventually I found it and I am sure my mum will be thrilled when she sees this page in her album.

I have another page to share from the ScraptoberFest so stay tuned. But in the meantime .. happy scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. Love the retro feel of this page and I'm sure your mum will be absolutely delighted with it. Thanks for using the sketch from The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you are doing for your mum is so touching- you really captured the feeling of the times! thanks for using the sketch at THE MEMORY NEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING page!! I am sure your mom will love it!!! Thank you for playing along with the scraptober fest challenges and using tMN’s sketch. Hope you will play along with some of our monthly challenges!!

    ReplyDelete