Saturday, February 21, 2015

Mastering the Art .. Part 1

Help! I got lost in my 'draft posts vault'. Thanks to my friends for coming to the rescue. Not. I mean seriously! Nice one guys!!!   ;)

So, we know I used my own home made pigments as the unconventional item for my Scrapbooking Memories Masters entry yeah? Well, when it came time to do my "Mastering the art" feature, it made sense to focus on making home made pigments.

Fronosco Cove
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 8

In a nutshell, all you need to do is dehydrate fruit and/or vegetables, grind them into a fine powder and then use them with water or other mixed media. Simples. I used my powders both with water and a glossy gel medium to create my background, and with water to dye the paper doilies, on my layout, Fronosco Cove.

Unfortunately my layout didn't print particularly well in the magazine. To me it looks quite brown and drab. Which is not to say I don't like brown LOL or think its drab! In real life though, the colours are really quite warm and inviting. The other layout for my article printed true to colour. Go figure! I'll be back with that layout for a quick share soon.

Meanwhile I've scrapped a page! I know right?! LOL! I'm not entirely sure I like it, but its been on my desk for over a week, I've pulled stuff off backgrounds and started again with at least two hybrid backgrounds binned, and I just wanted it done. I used a fabulous challenge from a challenge blog to get me started but I'm still not convinced. I think perhaps I'll share it in a few days, tomorrow even, maybe. I just don't know.

Have I lost my mojo??

No comments:

Post a Comment