Monday, December 3, 2012

Got scraps?

Well it's December which means Christmas is a-coming, so why not put those scraps to good use and make some Christmas gift tags?

to:
products used:
kraft cardstock, patterned paper off-cuts/scraps, ribbon, baker's twine, cord
SU ornament punch, Big Shot Scallop Tags die, Sharpie Poster Paint

Although not super quick when made in bulk, they were easy and fun to make. If you have the time, it's cheaper than buying gift tags, you get  to use up all those left over bits of cardstock, patterned paper, ribbons, twine and cord .. pretty much everything you have in your scraps box; and hopefully the recipients of your gifts will appreciate the handmade touch. In this case, that would be Bear!

The inspiration for these gift tags came from the wonderful world of Pinterest where I found a link to Jen Del Muro's blog iheart2stamp.

Tags by Jen Del Muro

Jen's tags are far more detailed (and yummy!!) than mine but I just didn't want to take mine that extra step (or three!). LOL I'm not sure Bear will notice the difference! You can find Jen's original blog post about these tags HERE.

Well that might be it for me for a while. I have a number of Christmas presents to make (and bake!) so will be busy in my studio (and kitchen!) and unable to share what I've made. I'm more than a tad excited with what I have planned, and am eager as to get stuck into it, so will love you and leave you here.   :)

PS: Looking at Jen's gorgeous gift  tags again I think I might have to whip up some co-ordinating ones to go with the gifts I'm making ..

No comments:

Post a Comment