Friday, November 13, 2015

Simple Stories .. SBM Masters challenge

Over the past few months my scrapbooking style has shifted, and is evolving into something more simple with lots more patterned paper and a lot less mixed media. So you can imagine my delight that the last Scrapbooking Memories masters challenge was Simple Stories.

I am brave
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 18 No 6

We were asked to scrap a layout about ourselves. I'm quite comfortable scrapping about myself and often find it quite cathartic. For example, when I first thought about what I might scrap for this challenge, my original title was going to be 'I am a work in progress'. But the weekend I actually scrapped my layout was a tough one and I realised that over the years I have been, and still am, brave. Because that statement is really quite a powerful, personal one, I chose to keep my journaling in my heart and to not put it on the page. I will always know the meaning behind the statement my title makes, and that's what's important.

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment