Saturday, September 5, 2015

Blind scrapping .. with Scrapbooking Memories magazine

A little while ago now, when I was on the design team for D-lish Scraps, I ran a blind scrapping challenge during one of our cyber crops. It was really quite a lot of fun to do and the girls who participated really enjoyed themselves as well. The idea of a blind scrapping challenge is that someone gives you a materials list and set of instructions to create a layout, except you don't get to see what the layout looks like. I remember the first time I did a blind scrapping challenge and it seriously nearly did my head in LOL!

So anyways, moving on, I ran the concept past the editor at Scrapbooking Memories magazine (at that time, Vanessa) to see if she might like to use the idea for a feature and she loved it! So I created this layout, provided Vanessa with a materials list and step by step instructions which she then sent to the fabulously talented Belinda Spencer. Once Belinda had created her layout we got to see what each other had done. I've got to tell you, my instructions turned out to be pretty good as Belinda totally got the design of the layout but at the same time, her colour palette and mixed media really made our layouts stand out from each other. The same but different.

 Discover
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 18 No 3

One of the things I particularly like about this layout is that I've got four photos on it. That's important to me when scrapping travel photos. Oh and isn't that Scrap FX chipboard pelican on the pier post just sensational? I coloured it with Wink of Stella pens and have to say I was mega impressed with the coverage of the white on the pelican.

Anyways, if you are interested in recreating my 'pelicans layout' you can find the materials list and step by step instructions, together with a copy of Belinda's layout in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 18 No 3.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment